Saturday, October 31, 2009

Swansong

This post is possibly the most wrenching, heartfelt post I will ever write. It’s not about love, it’s not about losing someone. It’s about a club. A little club in BITS Pilani, called the English Press Club. With about 40 odd members, we set out to capture life and its vagaries at BITS.

Today is the concluding day of Oasis 09. Today is Hema’s last issue. The last issue that will be helmed by our batch. I never thought that this simple point in time could make me feel this weird, but it does. Does like anything.

I don’t know how other people in my year feel towards the club, but EPC is now a shard of my heart. For me life was unkind at first, and hence, even now, I don’t easily trust or love. I can’t. And yet I feel such an inexplicable ache in my heart. Is it the people? Is it the ending of Oasis? Is it loneliness, thinking about the next two sems, in which our amazing batch of juniors will slowly take charge? Or is it just a passing cloud over my thoughts?

Never felt so fucking weird man, ever...

3 comments:

Pixie said...

Whatever feels like an end hurts like hell. But it ends only when you let go. We have something in there that's damn rare.And I have a feeling you'll still see another good year of it. Take care.

Manisha said...

This OEP was really good. But yes, we're done with it. what i feel weirder about is, that next sem is the last time our entire batch will be together. things change and ends hurt...

Calcutta said...

it is always difficult to leave something and move along but that is exactly what the Buddha used to say -- Charaiveti, Charaiveti, keep moving, keep moving